Poverty Alleviation and Rural Development
- Around 22% Indians live below poverty line (https://www.financialexpress.com/economy/around-22-indians-live-below-poverty-line-chattisgarh-jharkhand-fare-worst/1713365/)
- 39 per 1,000 babies born in India die before their 5th birthday (2017)
- The proportion of employed population below $1.90 purchasing power parity a day is 13.4% (2018)
Despite economic growth in India, human deprivations still remain widespread in certain parts of the country. Nationally, the number of extreme poor has dropped from 650 million to 360 million between 2005-06 and 2015-16, which is perhaps one of the most significant wins of the Indian economic story. Still there are millions of people living in extreme poverty. In this context, poverty alleviation is the overarching goal and at the core of Responsenet’s work to support holistic transformational change which brings about real improvements in people’s livelihoods.
Responsenet is a CSR implementation organization working across all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) towards social economic development in India.
We plan, innovate and execute programs which are holistic in nature and cater to the needs of the society. Our programs are customized and mapped as per the needs of the targeted geographical location to ensure maximum impact.
Our integrated development model towards Poverty Alleviation emphasizes on the following areas:
- Livelihood Development for underprivileged youth, men and women
- Social Infrastructure Development including sanitation facilities, safe drinking water units, solar street lights, waste management, upgradation of aanganwadis, health centres, community halls, among others
- Quality Healthcare & Nutrition for healthy living
- Quality Education to nurture and empower children for better future
- Agriculture Development to enhance efficiency, productivity and earning leading to a better standard of living
We believe in community engagement, participation and ownership hence, we strongly focus on sensitisation, awareness and behavior change communication in all our initiatives for development and sustainability.